BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August 1975
























I remember watching you
From across the dusty room-
One June day
when they
were out of beer.
I painted mental pictures
of every smile you wore-
and memorized the shadows
on your hair.

Then one night
beneath the silver summer stars
You touched my life
like no one has before.
I'm glad that I was ready-
waiting when you came-
Willing then
to open any door.

What I have to give you
Are only simple things-
Winter dreams
and songs I sing inside.
Time that never stops-
Hopes that never go-
And gentle love
that's much too strong to hide.

And if love could be measured
simply by miles-
No place would prove too far.
My love for you
would reach the moon-
and every heart
of every star.

I love you.
I love you beyond imagining...