BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 14, 2009

Reflection




Sometimes I look into the mirror
and I see no one there-
Just a stranger
with avocado eyes
and cardboard-colored hair.
Dreams crisscrossed with cobwebs-
An unwrapped heart
for all to see-
I shudder at the very thought
that the stranger there
is me...

I speak to her and her mouth moves
Like a silent picture show
And I reach up to
brush away the hair
that tangles near her brow.
I see the tears that glisten there
in the corner of her eye.
How can this stranger
in the mirror
Let life just pass her by?

I see the dreams like drifting smoke
dissolve and float away.
It leaves the stranger empty.
She has no more to say.
But I brush her hair
and dry her eyes-
(the only way that I can show her)-
To just hang on
and not give up-

Because tomorrow I may know her...